Ben Macintyre’s Operation Mincemeat is an astonishing true story which reads like a gripping spy thriller, and to coincide with the DVD and Blu-ray release of the film adaptation starring Colin Firth, we’re teaming up with Universal Pictures Australia to give away a copy of the paperback novel to five lucky readers.
This competition is a game of skill, so give us your best/most fun answer:
STEP ONE: Like our Facebook post
STEP TWO: Head HERE to enter and tell us: What your favourite espionage movie, and why?
Competition Terms and Conditions
Entries open August 02, 2022 – 10:00AM
Entries close August 31, 2022 – 11:59PM
Winner announced September 5, 2022.
1. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Headings in these Terms and Conditions are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Scribal Custom Pty Ltd (ABN 27 092 362 135) of 33 Jessie Street, Richmond VIC 3121 (Promoter).
3. Entry is open only to Australian residents who are not directors or employees of the Promoter and/or its related bodies corporate (or immediate family members of those directors and employees) (Eligible Entrants).
4. If an Eligible Entrant is under the age of 18, they must obtain consent from their parent or legal guardian before entering the promotion.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must reply with an original and unique answer to the competition post on the STACK Official Facebook page (located at https://www.facebook.com/stackmagazine). We encourage entrants to like the page to allow easier communication in the event of them winning. Sharing of the post is not a requirement for entry.
6. Eligible entrants may only enter this competition once and must enter in their own name. The Promoter is not responsible for (and is under no obligation to accept) any lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries.
7. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who is not an Eligible Entrant, has not complied with these Terms and Conditions or tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Determination of Winner/s
9. This promotion is a game of skill and Winner/s will be selected based on the creativity of their answer.
10. In the event of a “25 words or less” response as requirement for entry, the Promoter reserves the right to exclude single character words such as ‘i’ and ‘a’ from the total word count.
11. All valid entries received within the competition period as prescribed above will be judged.
13. There will be a total of 5 Winners.
14. The result of the selection is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Winner/s will receive Quantity of price description.
16. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
17. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to select an alternative prize of similar value which will be awarded to the relevant Winner/s, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the promotion or the prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Notification of the Winner/s
19. The Promoter will attempt to notify each Winner within two business days of the draw. Contact will be made via Facebook reply on their winning Facebook message. Winner/s are encouraged to be a ‘Fan’ of the STACK Official Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/stackmagazine to allow the Promoter to make contact via Facebook.
20. If the Promoter is unable to contact a Winner/s after having made reasonable efforts to do so using the information provided, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the entry, in which case the Promoter will reselect an alternate Winner/s.
21. The name of the Winner/s will be published at https://stack.com.au/terms-and-conditions/ by 21 days of the end of the competition and be available for 28 days.
Right of the Promoter to re-select
22. The Promoter reserves the right to re-select a Winner/s in the event of a Winner/s not being an Eligible Entrant, not having complied with these Terms and Conditions or not being able to be contacted by the Promoter after the Promoter has made reasonable efforts to do so. If a re-selection is necessary, it will be conducted by Scribal Custom Pty Ltd (ABN 27 092 362 135) of 33 Jessie Street, Richmond VIC 3121 subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any Winner/s determined in accordance with this clause 23 will be notified via Facebook reply on their winning Facebook message within two business days of the redraw and their name/s will be published online at https://stack.com.au/stack-competition-winners/.
Limitation of liability and variation of promotion
23. Except as otherwise required by law, if any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law or any written directions from a regulatory authority) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion and these Terms and Conditions.
24. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents will not be liable for any losses (including loss of opportunity), damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of or in connection with this promotion, or the use of any prize.
Entry details and privacy
25. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of Winner/s may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection
26. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Facebook membership and the use of Facebook generally are subject to the Facebook prevailing terms and conditions of use available at www.facebook.com. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for the content of their entries and any other information they transmit to other internet users via Facebook. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and forever hold harmless, Facebook and its associated agencies and companies, against any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred by an entrant in respect of the entrant’s participation in the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
27. Lottery permit numbers:
NSW Permit No. TP/01778. ACT Permit No. TP 22/00278.