Samantha Jade has delivered Best Of My Love, a shimmering disco record showcasing songs from the genre’s iconic artists such as Donna Summer, Diana Ross and Gloria Gaynor.
Here’s how you can WIN one of 10 signed deluxe CD packs plus the chance to have your own disco party at your house with Samantha Jade as a special guest!
Sorry. This form is no longer available.
Entry into this Competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between each entrant and Promoter. Entry into the competition (Competition) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Sony Music Entertainment Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 95 107 133 184) of 11-19 Hargrave Street, East Sydney, NSW, 2010, and includes all persons authorised by the Promoter (Promoter).
3. The Competition commences at 11.00am AEST on Tuesday, 24 April 2018 and concludes at 11.59pm AEST on Monday, 30 April 2018 (Competition Period). Promoter may extend the closing date in its sole discretion. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt NOT at the time of sending by entrants. Late entries will not be eligible.
4. Entry is open to Australian residents over 13 years of age who are residents of Australia other than as set out in Clause 5. Entrants under the age of 18 require the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the Competition and further, the parent or legal guardian must read and consent to these terms and conditions.
5. Employees and agents of Promoter and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
How to enter
6. To enter the Competition, entrants must:
Pre-order or purchase a copy of Samantha Jade’s ‘Best Of My Love’ album (the Album) from the JB Hi-Fi online store at www.jbhifi.com.au/music
Fill in your name, email address and the receipt number of your pre-order purchase of the Album, and an answer in 25 words or less to the following question: ‘What is your favourite disco song of all time and why?’’ on the entry form located in the ‘Special Offer’ tab on the pre-order page; and
Tick the relevant box on the entry form to subscribe to receive STACK’s newsletter (both existing and new subscribers will meet this requirement).
All entrants must retain their receipt as proof of purchase.
7. Entry is limited to one Entry per album pre-order or purchase (as applicable).
Prizes and Judging
8. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
9. The one (1) most creative and entertaining entry as judged by Promoter in its sole discretion will be deemed the major prize winner (the Major Prize Winner). The Major Prize Winner will receive:
a disco party with Samantha Jade performing three (3) live songs at the Major Prize Winner’s residence for the Major Prize Winner and nine (9) of their guests in the month of June 2018 (the Disco Party);
One Thousand Australian Dollars (A$1,000) spending money to be solely used for food catering and non-alcoholic beverages for the Disco Party. For the avoidance of doubt, the Major Prize Winner is responsible for purchasing alcoholic beverages for the Disco Party; and
one (1) deluxe copy of the Album signed by Samantha Jade (collectively, the Major Prize).
The date and time of the Disco Party is yet to be confirmed and will be at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
The Major Prize is valued at approximately AU$20,000.
10. The next nine (9) most creative and entertaining entries as judged by Promoter in its sole discretion will be deemed the second prize winners (the Second Prize Winners). The Second Prize Winners will each receive one (1) deluxe copy of the Album signed bv Samantha Jade (the Second Prizes).
The Second Prizes are valued at approximately AU$450 (being AU$50 each).
11. The entries will be judged by no later than 6.00pm AEST on Monday, 7 May 2018. The Major Prize Winner and Second Prize Winners will be notified by email according to the email address provided with their Entries. Further details relating to Major Prize or Second Prize redemption will be provided at this time. Winners will be notified by email and listed here: https://stack.com.au/stack-competition-winners/
Major Prize Terms
12. If a guest of the Major Prize Winner is under 18 years of age, they must take a parent or legal guardian as their guest and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times whilst undertaking the Major Prize.
13. Attendance at the Disco Party is subject to compliance with the Major Prize Winner’s conditions of entry and any instructions and directions given by the Major Prize Winner or the Promoter. Promoter accepts no liability or responsibility for any failure to comply with the above conditions of entry. Promoter hereby expressly reserves the right to eject any guest for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the Major Prize.
14. The Major Prize Winner authorises the Promoter the non‑exclusive right to enter upon the Major Prize Winner’s residence and to film, photograph and record for the purposes of the Disco Party. The Major Prize Winner also authorises the Promoter to bring onto and into the Major Prize Winner’s residence any equipment deemed appropriate for the Disco Party.
15. The Major Prize Winner acknowledges that the Promoter has the right to make changes, additions and alternations in and to the Major Prize Winner’s residence for the Disco Party but such shall be of a temporary nature only.
16. The Major Prize Winner and their guests must conduct themselves in a responsible, courteous and respectful manner at all times whilst participating in the Major Prize. Acceptance of and participation in the Major Prize is subject to any prevailing terms and conditions of Promoter, and in particular, health, behaviour, age and safety requirements. The Major Prize Winner and their guests must follow all reasonable directions given by Promoter during the course of their participation in the Major Prize, including all directions relating to age, health, behaviour and safety. If the Major Prize Winner and/or their guests fail to participate in the Major Prize in the manner required, as stated in this clause and in the reasonable opinion of Promoter, their entry and the balance of the Major Prize will be forfeited with no compensation payable. The promoter accepts no liability or responsibility for the winner or the guests during the event or in relation to the prize.
17. All additional costs not expressly stated herein but incurred in acceptance and use of the Major Prize is the responsibility of the Major Prize Winner (and their guests) and will not be the responsibility of the Promoter. The Major Prize Winner (and their guests) will be responsible for paying for those costs not expressly set out herein and which may include (but is not limited to), transport to and from the Disco Party, accommodation, additional food, additional beverages, alcoholic beverages, personal items, phone calls, travel insurance, incidentals, gratuities, surcharges or other ancillary costs which are the sole expense and responsibility of the Major Prize Winner (and their guests).
18. As a condition of collecting the Major Prize, the Major Prize Winner and their guests consent to being filmed at the Disco Party. The footage of the Disco Party may be made available, at Promoter’s discretion, on Samantha Jade’s official social media channels, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or Vevo. Promoter may also photograph, video and/or film any other activities relating to the Major Prize Winner’s acceptance or consumption of the Major Prize. The Major Prize Winner and their guests acknowledge that Promoter has the right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it sees fit without further permission from or payment to the Major Prize Winner and their guests. The Major Prize Winner and their guests may be required by Promoter to provide further consents or sign releases in respect of their attendance at the Disco Party, including giving consent to be filmed. All rights in the films, photographs and recordings made and/or taken by the Promoter at the Major Prize Winner’s residence and in the transmissions made by us from the Major Prize Winner’s residence shall vest in the Promoter. The Promoter shall be entitled to assign, license and/or exploit the same by all means and in all media at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
19. As a condition of collecting the Major Prize, the Major Prize Winner must provide a safe environment (including the stage area) for Samantha Jade’s performance at the Disco Party. In the event that the Promoter deems the environment or performance space unsafe, the Promoter may withhold or terminate the performance services of Samantha Jade at the Disco Party (at no liability to the Promoter).
20. The Major Prize Winner and Second Prize Winners (collectively, The Winners or Winner) are only entitled to the relevant Major Prize or Second Prizes as outlined above and are not entitled to any additional prizing or cash reimbursement to compensate for any difference in actual Major Prize or Second Prize redemption cost and maximum value. No Major Prize or Second Prize is transferable nor can any Major Prize or Second Prize be taken as cash other than as specifically set out in these terms and conditions. No compensation is payable if the Winners cannot receive any aspect of the Major Prize or Second Prizes for any reason.
21. Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. If any Winner cannot be contacted within two (2) calendar days of first notification attempt, if the Major Prize or Second Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if a Winner rejects the Major Prize or Second Prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these rules, the Major Prize or Second Prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon Major Prize or Second Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
23. If for some reason beyond Promoter’s control, it is not possible to supply the Major Prize or Second Prizes as advertised, Promoter will be entitled to supply a substitute prize in Promoter’s discretion. If the Competition is not capable of running as planned due to any reason (including, but not limited to fraud, a state of emergency, natural disaster, war, technical failures or any other causes), Promoter reserves the right without liability to the entrants to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Competition.
24. Entries must not contain references which are obscene, crude or vulgar, and/or which contain phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or email), Web site URLs, derogatory characterisations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, references to illegal or inappropriate activity, behaviour or conduct, or any other references that could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Promoter, in its sole discretion. Promoter may delete any entries it deems offensive or inappropriate in its discretion and such entries will be disqualified from the Competition.
26. All entries become the property of Promoter and each entrant acknowledges that Promoter may use such entries and materials and any intellectual property rights subsisting in them in any medium and in any manner it sees fit, including without limitation, by reproducing, modifying or adapting such entries.
27. Under the Australian Consumer Law (Cth) and other statutes there are some warranties and conditions that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified or can only be excluded, restricted or modified to a limited extent. Promoter excludes all warranties and conditions to the extent allowable by these laws. Promoter accepts no liability or responsibility of any kind for any defect with the Major Prize or Second Prizes nor for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition or a Major Prize or Second Prize in any way to the fullest extent allowable by law.
28. Promoter is not responsible for any misdirected, late or incomprehensible entries in the Competition. Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading or uploading any materials in this Competition.
29. Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications that may arise from winning a Major Prize or Second Prize. Entrants should seek independent financial advice about such matters.
30. The Major Prize and the Second Prizes will be awarded to the people named in the entry. However, in a dispute, the Major Prize and Second Prizes will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their Entry.
31. Promoter in its absolute discretion reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries and to disqualify entrants if they tamper with the entry process including but not limited to submission of an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions or where Promoter reasonably believes that an entrant has acted in bad faith in respect of the Competition.
32. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia.