Thanks to Samsung, you and a mate could be flying to Melbourne to meet the Legacy Esports players at Melbourne Esports Open™ on Saturday, August 31 and Sunday, September 1 2019.
This epic prize includes:
- Two weekend premium reserved tickets to the Melbourne Esports Open™ in Melbourne, VIC
- A meet and greet with Legacy Esports players
- A Legacy Esports merchandise pack
- Two Samsung Portable SSD T5 1TB
- Two nights accommodation in Melbourne
- Two economy return flights to Melbourne from your nearest capital city (if you live outside of Melbourne)
For your chance to win, tell us in 25 words or less…
This competition is now closed
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. STANDARD TERMS
1.1 Information and instructions on “How to Enter” form part of these conditions of entry. By entering the competition, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these conditions of entry.
2. WHO CAN ENTER
2.1 The only persons who may enter and be awarded the prize are those who:
- are residents of Australia with a valid email address; and
- are not employees of the Promoter or their associated companies, agencies or families.
- aged 18 years of age or older
3. THE COMPETITION
3.1 The competition is known as the STACK “Melbourne Esports Open” competition.
4. HOW TO ENTER
4.1 The Competition commences on 22 July 2019 at 4.00pm(AEST) and concludes on 16 August 2019 at 11:59 am (AEST) (“the Competition Period”).
4.2 To enter:
- Step 1: Enter your name, email address, phone number, postcode above
- Step 2: In 25 words or less answer the question above: What are you most looking forward to at MEO and why?
4.3 Entries must be received by 11.59pm (AEST) on 16 August 2019 to be eligible to win the prize. The time of entry will in each case be the time the entry is received by the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, incomplete, lost or misdirected entries.
4.4 Entries must not be insulting or otherwise objectionable or infringe any law or intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise breach these terms and conditions, and the Promoter reserves the rights to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry of the kind described in this clause.
4.5 All entries shall be and remain the property of the Promoter and may be used in future commercial and marketing exercises.
5 HOW TO WIN
5.1 Each entry will be individually judged, with the most original and creative entry determining the prize Winner. The decision of the judges (to be nominated by the Promoter in its discretion) is final and the Promoter will not enter into any negotiations regarding the Competition result.
5.2 The Winner will be notified by email on 20 August 2019. An announcement of the Winner will be made available on the https://stack.com.au/stack-competition-winners/ page once the winner has been confirmed.
6.1 There will be one (1) winner for the entire Competition, who will each receive the following prize
- Two (2) x Weekend Premium Reserved tickets to the Melbourne Esports Open in Melbourne, VIC between Saturday 31 August and Sunday 1 September 2019 (maximum retail value approx. A$439.80). Tickets include:
– Access to both days of the event
– Premium seats in Rod Laver Arena
– OPL & Overwatch Contenders Australia Finals
- A meet and greet with Legacy Esports players
- A Legacy Esports merchandise pack (maximum retail value approx. A$270.00)
- Two (2) Samsung Portable SSD T5 1TB (maximum retail value approx. A$678.00)
- Two (2) x night’s accommodation (Saturday 31 August and Sunday 1 September 2019) at a hotel in Melbourne, VIC, selected by the Promoter (maximum retail value approx. A$600.00)
- (If the Winner lives outside of Melbourne, VIC) two (2) x economy return flights for the Winner and their travelling companion from the Winner’s nearest capital city to Melbourne where the event is taking place; (Maximum retail value approx. A$1,400.00);
- Transportation allowance to and from Melbourne airport to the hotel and/or Melbourne Esports Open (worth up to A$200.00)
6.2 The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is A$3587.80. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices as at 9 July 2019 (inclusive of GST) and Promoter accepts no responsibility for any change in prize value between now and the Competition closing date. The Promoter reserves the right to request each Winner to provide proof of identity, residency and entry into the Competition in order to claim the prize which will be verified at the discretion of the Promoter.
6.3 Prize details are correct at 9 July 2019. Should the Melbourne Esports Open be cancelled or postponed, or any part of the prize be unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances or reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may at its discretion vary or amend prizes so as to provide reasonable alternative prizes and each Winner agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter or parties connected to the Promoter as a result.
6.4 The Winner and his/her travelling companion must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure (Canberra, Sydney, Hobart, Adelaide, Darwin, Brisbane or Perth). Tickets will not be exchanged for another destination.
6.5 The Winner must be over the age of 18. If Winner’s companion (the second ticket) is under 18 years of age the Winner must be thier parent or guardian, who must take full responsibility for the companion throughout the duration of the event.
6.6 The nominated airline makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at the destination of travel.
6.7 Travel must be redeemed and completed in line with the Promoter’s selected travel dates and is subject to accommodation and flight availability.
6.8 If for any reason any Winner does not (or is not able to) claim an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
6.9 By accepting the prize the Winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize including being interviewed, photographed and/or filmed.
6.10 Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of the airline. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their current flight schedule.
6.11 A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the Winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges. Once accommodation vouchers are issued they are non-changeable.
6.12 Outside of the $200 cab charge gift voucher for travel to and from Melbourne airport and/or the hotel/MEO, the Winner and his/her companion are responsible for all expenses including but not limited to travel to and from the airport, travel to and from the Melbourne Esports Open™ , spending money, meals, drinks, activities, incidentals, taxes, fuel surcharges, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
6.13 It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner and his/her travelling companion must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements.
6.14 It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner and his/her travelling companion may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
7 NO LIABILITY
7.1 To the fullest extent permitted by law, STACK and its affiliates, associated agencies and companies (together called ‘STACK’) will not be liable or responsible for any loss (including direct, indirect and consequential loss), costs (including legal costs), damage or injury to property or person that is suffered or incurred as a result of or in connection with:
- the Competition including participating in any prize (including but not limited to attendance at a Selected Show);
- any late, lost or misdirected entries or failure to receive any entry in the Competition;
- any prizes damaged or lost in transit;
- any travel won in or in connection with the Competition;
- any problem, failure, delay, unavailability or inaccessibility with, of or to any communications network, service or transmission (including telephone, Internet or website);
- any cancellation, modification or suspension of the Competition in accordance with clause 7.2 or clause 7.3;
- any unauthorised human intervention in any part of the Competition (including but not limited to theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorized access of or to any entries);
- any electronic or human error which may occur in the proper administration of the Competition;
- any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by STACK, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a prize Winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying a prize Winner;
- any circumstances outside STACK’s reasonable control.
This clause does not operate to limit the rights or obligations of the parties imposed by the operation of the Australian Consumer Law (being Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) (ACL) to the extent that they may not be limited or excluded, in which case the terms of the ACL shall apply.
7.2 In the event that any event or action outside STACK’s control prevents or significantly hinders STACK’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions (including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war and act of terrorism), STACK may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start at another time on the same conditions. If the Competition is regulated by any applicable government body, the cancellation or recommencement of the Competition will be subject to any requirements imposed by such body.
7.3 If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned due to causes beyond the control of STACK which affect the proper conduct of this Competition, STACK reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or take any other action against that individual that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition subject to the requirements of any relevant government body that regulates the running of the Competition.
7.4 The Winner is responsible for obtaining their own independent legal advice.
Entry details remain the property of the Promoter and its related entities. The Promoter is collecting the entrant’s personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the Winner), and, for the purpose of sending you promotional and direct marketing material in relation to programs and products and services available through the Promoter. The entrant may request access to his or her personal information by writing to the privacy officer by email email@example.com or by post to The Privacy Officer, STACK Magazine, 33 Jessie Street, Richmond, VIC 3121.
9.1 The headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and do not affect interpretation.
10 ENTIRE CONDITIONS
10.1 These conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties relating to the entry into and the conduct of this Competition.
11.1 The Promoter is STACK, ACN 092 362 135, having its registered office at 33 Jessie Street, Richmond, VIC, 3121 phone (03) 9428 2727.