Jennifer Lawrence has been named the world’s highest earning actress for a second year running.
The US magazine Forbes estimates that the Hunger Games star banked $US46 million in the past 12 months, comfortably ahead of the second ranked Melissa McCarthy, who earned $US33 million.
Although Lawrence’s earnings were down on last year’s $US52 million, her share of the profits from the final installment in the Hunger Games saga – plus a big upfront fee for her upcoming sci-fi flick Passengers – ensured she retained the top spot.
McCarthy saw the biggest earning increase, moving ahead of Scarlett Johansson ($US25 million) on the back of a $US10 million pay jump, which included a reported eight-figure payday for Ghostbusters.
The only new entrant in this year’s Forbes top 10 was Bollywood star Deepika Padukone (pictured above with Vin Diesel in forthcoming xXx: The Return of Xander Cage).
The full list is:
1. Jennifer Lawrence – $US46 million
2. Melissa McCarthy – $US33 million
3. Scarlett Johansson – $US25 million
4. Jennifer Aniston – $US21 million
5. Fan Bingbing – $US17 million
6. Charlize Theron – $US16.5 million
7. Amy Adams – $US13.5 million
8. Julia Roberts – $US12 million
9. Mila Kunis – $US11 million
10. Deepika Padukone – $US10 million