It’s two years since Rocket League started ripping up pitches with its slick (and possibly Top Gear-inspired) combination of soccer and racing. It now boasts some 33 million players worldwide. To celebrate, players get some cool gifts.
The ‘Anniversary Update’ is now available, and it features a bunch of cool free stuff. How cool? Rick and Morty cool!
Instead of more waffle, we’ll just give you the facts:
• Free new arena, ‘Champions Field’
• Free Rick and Morty customisation items distributed as common drops after online and offline matches, including Rick and Morty antennas, ‘Cromulon’, ‘Mr Meeseeks’ and ‘Mr PBH’ toppers, an ‘Interdimensional GB’ rocket boost and ‘Sanchez DC-137’ wheels
• ‘Rocket League Radio’, which adds new default music playlist ‘Rocket League x Monstercat’. This features 18 new tracks from EDM music label Monstercat
• New Import Battle-Cars ‘Animus GP’ and ‘Centio V17’, available exclusively as drops inside the new Overdrive Crate
• New Overdrive Crate with the potential to unlock animated decals, brand-new trails, and more
• New customisation options, including engine audio, goal explosions and trails. These are a mix of free selections and crate drops
• The end of Competitive Season 4, with trail rewards distributed to competing players based on their highest skill tier reached
• Beginning of Competitive Season 5, with new changes
• Six new achievements and trophies
• and a few more surprises…