A new patch has landed for Overwatch, bringing with it a raft of features, fixes and finesses.
What are these new things enclosed in the 1.25 update, which is available now for PS4, Xbox One and PC? Here’s all the info, straight from the Blizzard’s mouth…
• Whenever players finish a match, they can now use ‘Endorsements’ to recognise their teammates for exceptional teamwork, sportsmanship, or shot calling. Opponents can be endorsed for good sportsmanship as well.
• Endorsing players will earn you bonus XP, and the more endorsements you rack up from other players, the higher your endorsement level will rise, up to 5. Scaling rewards based on this level can be claimed periodically.
Looking for Group
• Players can now use the ‘Looking for Group’ interface to form their own groups with custom parameters. Choose roles, team compositions, desired endorsement levels, and even merge with other groups.
• Career Profiles now have adjustable privacy settings, with your choice of Public, Friend Only, or Private.
New Damage Category
• The Offence and Defence hero roles have been merged to form a single ‘Damage’ category.
• The reality-bending hero Symmetra has undergone one of the biggest overhauls since Overwatch’s release, donning the new ‘Damage’ role and coming in with a brand new primary attack, secondary attack, two new abilities, and a new ultimate ability.
• The map ‘Horizon Lunar Colony’ has received design changes for both game balance and cosmetic purposes, adding more cover to objective points, some flora to the botany sections, and more!
For the full nitty-gritty on changes, head on over to the Overwatch patch notes page here.