2K have revealed a bunch of exciting new features that are on their way to us this year in their annual basketball jam, NBA 2K22.
They include a shiny new narrative experience that sees MyCAREER and the City come together on new-gen consoles, as well as – according to the latest ‘Courtside Report’ – the following:
• Gameplay – On-court gameplay movements will give players more control on how they score the ball to improve offensive moves and combos and how they counter those moves on the defensive end.
• Seasons – Across fan-favourite experiences, Seasons will allow players to extend and enhance their hoop ambitions long after the game’s launch with more content, more rewards, and more ways to play.
• MyTEAM – An evolved experience gives MyTEAM players more ways to build and compete with their own dream teams. New challenges, rewards, and events make every Season fresh and unique.
• New Neighbourhood – On PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, players will compete in an all-new Neighborhood built on the spacious decks of a sailing cruise ship.
• New City – The biggest online basketball community is getting a makeover. Step into an all-new City teeming with life, activity, and interactivity (PS5 and Xbox Series X|S).
• MyNBA & MyWNBA – Build a winning franchise by making sure the staffing is just as strong as the hooping (new-gen consoles).
Get the full data dump right about here.
More NBA 2K22 deep dives are promised for August and September, before the game hits September 10 for PS5, Xbox, PS4 and Switch. Pre-order now at JB Hi-Fi.
Meanwhile, here’s a trip to Barcelona for a look behind the scenes: