Nintendo spurted out one of their Directs overnight, outlining a whole bunch of detail about upcoming Switch ink shooter Splatoon 2.
If you have a spare 26 minutes and 41 seconds then it’s well worth watching.
If you don’t have that sort of time, here’s a VERY quick summary…
– Inklings can be customised – including eye colour, hair and skin tone
– New fashion styles have been added
– Equipping gear in will give players special abilities – which can be upgraded
– Sub weapons will help players with other abilities, such as defending from attacks or revealing enemy positions
– All special weapons in Splatoon 2 are new
– Turf War returns
– Ranked Battles rotate every two hours
– League Battles allow you to form teams with friends
– New mode ‘Salmon Run’ makes you work together to defeat bosses and collect Power Eggs in a limited amount of time
– Splatfests are planned for the next two years
– Single-player mode – Help find Callie, who’s gone missing
– Additional features ink-lude a menu that lets players change control sensitivity separately for TV and handheld mode, amiibo functionality and the ability to post drawings directly to social media.
– Post-launch updates will add new weapons, new gear and additional stages
– Mobile app SplatNet 2 will help players stay in touch with Inkopolis, even when they’re away from their Switch systems
Splatoon 2, exclusively for Nintendo Switch, splats down on July 21.