Who better to give us a run-through of Netgear’s top-spec XR700 Nighthawk pro gaming router than a pro gamer?
Sybol from Aussie League of Legends crew Avant Gaming gives us a quick look at some of the best features and benefits of the slick-looking machine.
If you’re a gamer – or just need a router that delivers top performance – then you may be interested in checking out the video below.
Or, if you just want the key facts, check these numbers:
- Gaming Dashboard — Customisable view of real-time bandwidth utilisation by device, ping, etc.
- Geo-Filter — Control your lag by limiting distance to game servers or other players
- Network Monitor — Check bandwidth hogging devices and identify what causes lag
- Quad Stream & 160MHz for faster speeds
- Quality of Service — Prioritise gaming devices and allocate bandwidth by device
- Beamforming+ for more reliable connections
- ReadySHARE USB to share your USB hard drive & printer
- ReadySHARE Vault — PC software for automatic backup to USB hard drive connected to the router
- 10 Gigabit SFP+ Port — Connect to NETGEAR SX10 gaming switch for lower latency wired gaming, or use for up to 10Gig Internet connectivity. Requires compatible SFP+ module or DAC (not included)
- Plex Media Server — All your movie, TV show, music, video and photo collections at your fingertips. Anywhere you go, on the devices you love
- Nighthawk App — The Nighthawk App makes it easy to set up your router and get more out of your WiFi
- Amazon Cloud Backup
- MU-MIMO — Simultaneous streaming of data for up to three devices