A smart home can be smart in many ways. From peace of mind for your pet to having the right temperature when you get home, there are many ways to implement big lifestyle benefits with a smart home.
Samsung 671L Family Hub 4 Door French Door Fridge (Black Steel)
It’s got the capacity for a growing family, and keeping your food fresh is just the start. A novel use of three separate cooling systems helps with temperature accuracy while keeping odours at bay.
- Built-in camera so you can see what’s in your fridge from anywhere, anytime, using your smartphone and the compatible app. Wondering if you need milk while out doing the shopping will be a thing of the past.
- Display with Calendar, Memo and To-Do lists that can be customised for the whole family or individual family members.
- Recipe app to match what you have in the fridge with over 180,000 recipe ideas.
- Speakers built-in for music and entertainment options. You can even watch your favourite shows with TV mirroring from compatible devices.
- Google Assistant compatible for internet queries, setting reminders, playing music and much more via voice control.
Top marks for: Located in the kitchen, a hub of activity for most busy households, this smart fridge helps make family planning a breeze. Connection from the Samsung Family Hub to the Woolworths’ shopping app means meals for the week will be sorted. And thanks to reminders via its Family Hub, even the most forgetful family member will never miss an event again.
Eufy L70 Hybrid RoboVac
An intelligent 2-in-1 robot cleaner that vacuums and mops. You can even adjust the mopping power for marble, cement or hardwood floors.
- Laser navigation matched with AI mapping technology gives RoboVac the complete layout of your living spaces. It even enables the RoboVac to return to the exact spot at which cleaning was paused.
- Customise RoboVac’s coverage by setting virtual boundaries right from your phone. A very handy function if you want rooms cleaned at different times.
- Give detailed commands to RoboVac via voice (Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa) or your phone.
Top marks for: The ability to smartly transition across multiple surfaces together with its set of customisable features means you can clean your house how you want, and when you want. And you only need to lift a finger when you check on RoboVac’s progress in the app.
Dogness Smart Camera Feeder (6L)
Perfect for medium or large sized dogs or cats, this six-litre capacity feeder can store about three kilograms of dry food. Enough to keep your pet fed while you take a weekend getaway.
- Set up feeding times and portion size from anywhere via the Dogness app.
- 165-degree night vision camera with Wi-Fi connection, to check in on your pet, day or night.
- Lots of handy functions to ensure your beloved pet is fed. This includes a sensing system that will notify you when food is running low. It also runs on dual power via USB or battery, in case you have a pet that loves to chew through cables. There’s also anti-clogging technology for jam-free food dispensing.
Top marks for: Fail safe features coupled with internet connectivity means you can leave your pet at home and still have a stress-free getaway with the rest of the family.
Sensibo Air Conditioner and Heat Pump Wi-Fi Controller
Give your existing split system the smart treatment. With Sensibo, you can control your air conditioner remotely to save energy and ensure total comfort when you arrive home.
- Geo-fencing allows Sensibo to turn on your split system before you arrive, and turn it off when the last person leaves the house.
- Monitor the temperature and humidity and make adjustments remotely.
- Use seven-day scheduling, geo-fencing and filter-cleaning alerts to save energy.
- Voice control via Amazon Echo, Google Home and Apple Siri means hands-free control from home.
Top marks for: A setup that is oh so easy. Within a few minutes your existing split system is updated to a state-of-the-art smart home appliance.