According to UK music licensing company PPL, Pharell’s Happy was the most played song of the last decade.
If that’s not cause enough for Mr Williams to be very much as his song title suggests, he also lobbed in at number four alongside Daft Punk and Chic legend Nile Rodgers, with their Get Lucky collaboration.
Kings of Leon are also sure to be pretty chuffed, with their 2008 smash Sex on Fire having such legs in the years following its release.
Keeping in mind that this is based on UK airplay, the full top ten goes a lot like this:
1. Happy – Pharrell Williams
2. Rolling in the Deep – Adele
3. Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera
4. Get Lucky – Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers
5. Can’t Stop the Feeling! – Justin Timberlake
6. I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
7. Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
8. Counting Stars – OneRepublic
9. F–k You/Forget You – CeeLo Green
10. Sex on Fire – Kings of Leon
Here’s Happy with another phenomenon of the past decade…