Noted grumblebum Morrissey has a new covers album coming out in May, and he’s just dropped a second single from it – a duet with Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong.
Actually, it’s a threesome, as the song also features Lydia Night of the Regrettes. It’s a take on Wedding Bell Blues, which was a sizeable hit back in 1969 for The 5th Dimension. Some may know it better by its “Marry me Bill” refrain.
As for the new album from Moz – who, no matter how daft he gets, will always have a special place in our hearts because of The Smiths – it’s entitled California Son, and is set to drop on May 24.
Here’s the full track listing:
- Morning Starship (Jobriath) – featuring Ed Droste (Grizzly Bear)
- Don’t Interrupt the Sorrow (Joni Mitchell) – featuring Ariel Engle (Broken Social Scene)
- Only a Pawn in Their Game (Bob Dylan) – featuring Petra Haden
- Suffer the Little Children (Buffy St Marie)
- Days of Decision (Phil Ochs) – featuring Sameer Gadhia (Young the Giant)
- It’s Over (Roy Orbison) – featuring LP
- Wedding Bell Blues (The 5th Dimension) – featuring Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day) and Lydia Night (The Regrettes)
- Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets (Dionne Warwick)
- Lady Willpower (Gary Puckett)
- When You Close Your Eyes (Carly Simon) – featuring Petra Haden
- Lenny’s Tune (Tim Hardin)
- Some Say I Got Devil (Melanie)
In other Morrissey news, he is set to be immortalised in – yes, in, not on – vinyl as a Pop! figurine – gladioli and all! Set to drop on June 30, you can pre-order it now.